Orca Cola Championship
Sign in to follow this  
Ynwe

Thinking about coming back to BB, got some questions

Posted (edited)

Hello, 

Used to play a bit of bb but stopped many years ago. Currently am in Japan for 6 weeks and met a Swedish player. Was fun to talk about again and I want to give wood elves another shot. So I have some questions 

What game is occ on? Still bb2? Think I remember a new game coming out after I left. 

How healthy is the occ overall right now? Back when I played it was quite big from what I recall. But forum activity seems a bit low ish (like the training grounds for example) right now unless I am reading it wrong. 

S12 just started right? So I will have to wait a few months, any other fun option to play a bit of bb till I could potentially join the occ again? 

And maybe a bit of an off topic question... How is blood bowl overall doing? I never played any warhammer even though I love the 40k lore, but I do know GW isn't too popular for the most part. So was just wondering overall how the boardgame itself is doing right now. 

OH ye, is it also possible to change your forum name? Really dislike my current name.. 

Edited by Palandiell

Awards

We're in Blood Bowl 2, BB3 is but a whisper of a rumour as of yet. We're healthy. Not all parts of the forum are active, but we also have a Discord. This season features 180 coaches, and we've been hovering around the 200 mark since we started in BB2.

And yes, the timing is bad because we're on MD1, but you can always sign up as a reserve.

As for your forum name, if you're signing up in the league it has to match your BB2 name. Ask a greensuit to change it for you.

I'll leave the final question for others to answer so they have something to do this morning! :D 

As for blood bowl in general, it's healthy.

The biggest tournament ever is going to take place in Dornbirn in October this year. Some 1400 people will attend the World Championship.

Hey Pid, I remember you well. Ye I actually live in Vienna which is one reason I am interested in the tournament... Albeit it is 8 freakin hours away...  Could have been in a bigger city! 

Good to hear so you guys moved somewhat to discord? That explains the lesser activity. 

Week 1 huh? That is unlucky, how long is the season again? 10 weeks? Gonna be a whole till the new season. Guess I will have to wait a bit... 

Awards

9 weeks, but do sign up. People do drop out and the reserve list is very short.

If you do not make it in as a reserve, Blood Bowl Tactics is on MD7 right now

If by BB2 you meant Chaos Edition then there is a new system out in 2015, though the fun races were just recently added.  As you have not posted since late 2013 you will probably need to pick that up.

Will sign up then after I come back from Japan. 

Thanks Kjelstad, probably is what I heard years ago. Will buy it. 

Thanks for your answer guys, see you soon. 

Awards