Orca Cola Championship
Sign in to follow this  
Hudd

Rules for non playing a game

Reading the rules, it seems the only way to be given a 2-0 concede loss is if you don't make any attempt to schedule.

I think this should also be the case when a game has been arranged, and the opponent does not turn up, AND has given no notice that he is unable to make the game, which is several orders of magnitude worse.

At present you have the situation where someone (perhaps facing a team full of claw, perhaps in a meaningless game) looking to game the system is encouraged to schedule a game and then not play it - this way he gets to keep his winning, gets a MVP and a TD SPP too.

Hello Hudd!

While you're not exactly asking a question in the "Questions?" section, I will try to find the possible questions in what you write.

It is correct that we consider the 2-1 admin win the norm in cases where an admin win is handed out, while the 2-0 admin win is the exception. We use this exception, generally speaking, as a punishment for coaches who made no reasonable effort to schedule a match. Ultimately, though, the assessment of whether such a punishment is needed lies with the admins of the tier in question.

You also accurately describe that a coach who is trying to "game the system" is better served by scheduling a match, and then finding an excuse not to play it. Simply not showing up to a scheduled match (without informing the opponent or admins), however, can be a reason for a 2-0 "punishment" result.

You seem to be concerned that coaches might game the system, and while I hope and assume that most OCC coaches aren't, we are wary of this possibility as well, which is why we are tracking unplayed matches (not publically).

And if you are bad apple and try to screw the system to many times, system will screw you

aka

LOVkn8OG8yuGH_PTzM6vX2kYuPHufYbkImSbJXho

ps. to be clear is not that we are banning people right away all the time, thanks fortunes its not the case. But we got that option.

Awards

There was more then one interesting WO higher up in the divisions at the end of this season.
There is a quite big chance/risk/equivalent that the dirty grit competition in div1 and champs is being decided on a WO game where one coach didnt get a chance to score points game 9, which feels quite sad  :huh:

It is nice to read that there is some form of monitoring of WOs though.

17 hours ago, MaidenManiac said:

There was more then one interesting WO higher up in the divisions at the end of this season.
There is a quite big chance/risk/equivalent that the dirty grit competition in div1 and champs is being decided on a WO game where one coach didnt get a chance to score points game 9, which feels quite sad  :huh:

It is nice to read that there is some form of monitoring of WOs though.

Actually this is highly monitored, stored, remembered and very disliked by both admins and green suits.

Awards

43 minutes ago, Gobas said:

Actually this is highly monitored, stored, remembered and very disliked by both admins and green suits.

Speaking as the former wielder of the sacred Banhammer, I can confirm this is the truth.

This community is not a democracy, and everyone is being watched. For good reason.

Awards

Posted (edited)

We also used to give out The Rubber Chicken for quitting a game. You have all gone soft, SOFT I tell ya!

On 3/29/2019 at 10:46 AM, Doomy77 said:

and everyone is being watched. For good reason.

In my case it is just because I am so god damn sexy.  Good reason  

Edited by Kjelstad