Orca Cola Championship
Sign in to follow this  
hauptmann

Raising in tiers.

Hi All

Will it always take a minimum of 6 seasons to go from tier 6 to Tier 1.

Kind Regards Hauptmann

Awards

1 hour ago, hauptmann said:

Hi All

Will it always take a minimum of 6 seasons to go from tier 6 to Tier 1.

Kind Regards Hauptmann

nope. double promotions happen quite often. This is mainly due to people rerolling or quitting. the entire seeding process is a well kept secret by @Pidpad

but to be eligible for a bonus promotion you should be #1 or 2 of your div in the least

as an addon. most bonuspromotion happen from T6 to T4 or from T5 to T3 further up they tend to happen less

This is true, and most double promotions happen T6 to T4, they are quite rare otherwise but the chances of getting promoted as 5th in T2 is fairly decent on an average season.

Edit: And I wouldn't call it a well kept secret. I have tried to explain how it works, several times. Not much in the way of  success, mind. But still!

3 minutes ago, Pidpad said:

This is true, and most double promotions happen T6 to T4, they are quite rare otherwise but the chances of getting promoted as 5th in T2 is fairly decent on an average season.

Edit: And I wouldn't call it a well kept secret. I have tried to explain how it works, several times. Not much in the way of  success, mind. But still!

as ive did my time studying them and doin some shadow seeding several times, id like to see myself as Pidpad-light :)

1 hour ago, Pidpad said:

The chances of getting promoted as 5th in T2 is fairly decent on an average season.

It was my situation the last season, now I am in T2.

Un saludo.

Awards

25 minutes ago, El Maldito said:

It was my situation the last season, now I am in T2.

Un saludo.

Fairly decent isn't 100% :P

24 minutes ago, Pidpad said:

Fairly decent isn't 100% :P

Fairly descent will be my future, even though isn´t 100% safe :P:P

Awards

I dropped from Tier 5 last season to Tier 6 this season. Is it because I angered Nuffle and didn't win a single game?

Also, instead of starting a new thread I may as well ask this here; can we play friendly games to develop our league teams? If yes, what is the protocol/procedure?

Awards

In turn: Possibly. Don’t let it depress you too much, and feel free to seek advice.

Using your current OCC team in non-OCC matches is strictly forbidden, so don’t do that.

Awards

8 minutes ago, v1nc3nz0 said:

I dropped from Tier 5 last season to Tier 6 this season. Is it because I angered Nuffle and didn't win a single game?

Also, instead of starting a new thread I may as well ask this here; can we play friendly games to develop our league teams? If yes, what is the protocol/procedure?

To answer the latter question first: no. Any games outside of OCC league structure are forbidden. I am actually not sure why, as friendly matches do not give SPP and casualties do not stick. Probably confuses league manager or something.

Relevant section from rules (emphasis mine):

B. Your Team

1. Starting OCC teams must be created completely fresh, with no games played (of any kind), no SPPs on their players, and no prior market transactions or stadium upgrades. Mixed teams are not allowed.
2. Starting teams must field a minimum of 11 players.
3. All OCC teams are forbidden to play games or engage in any other activity outside of the OCC league structure. This includes friendly games and player transfers.
4. You may only have one active team. When you start a fresh team, your old team is abandoned.

And yes, you dropped a tier because of your last season's record. Top 3 teams of each division go up a tier and bottom 3 go down a tier. This image of the spreadsheet where the magic happens might or might not explain it better than mere words.

Awards

3 minutes ago, Bouffon said:

To answer the latter question first: no. Any games outside of OCC league structure are forbidden. I am actually not sure why, as friendly matches do not give SPP and casualties do not stick. Probably confuses league manager or something.

this.

checking teams is a nightmare when they have more than OCC played games in their history

It's forbidden because it clutters up the team record, which we sometimes need to go through to make sure you haven't played matches outside the league (that DO give spps), or for other reasons. If you want to test your team out safely outside the league, you can make a copy of it as a custom team.

If you're in the bottom three places of your tier you will get demoted, as a rule (though it may vary depending on how many coaches are making new teams or quitting the league).

The answer to why you dropped to t6 is that you changed team. New teams start at the bottom. I went from t2 to t6 for example.

12 minutes ago, Pidpad said:

The answer to why you dropped to t6 is that you changed team. New teams start at the bottom. I went from t2 to t6 for example.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that while I kept the name, it is technically a new team. Though it sounds like I'd have been demoted anyway.

And to the others, thanks for the reply on friendlies, just couldn't find any relevant info on them in my quick search.

Awards

Had you kept the team you would have been in t5 (most likely, on a train and cant check exactly).

4 hours ago, Bouffon said:

Top 3 teams of each division go up a tier and bottom 3 go down a tier. This image of the spreadsheet where the magic happens might or might not explain it better than mere words.

Hm, this spreadsheet tells me, that below T3 you can't be demoted.

Awards

Everything below T3 works as it does with the exception that the very bottom tiers can have more than 3 divisions to accommodate alternative amount of teams per season.

But in your case, as Pidpad noted above, you are back in T6 because you rolled a new team. Each new team starts from T6 and has to work their way up.

Awards