Orca Cola Championship
Sign in to follow this  
Jester77

Home / Away

Does anyone know how the home/away fixtures are generated? 

I was kind of wondering hence I each season gets exactly 4 home matches and 5 away matches, other teams like Antons Dark Delights seems like a home team and is nearly every season he got 5 or 6 home matches except for two seasons were he only got 4. I think must be coded someway in a strange alphabetic way, which I cannot see at this point or maybe it has something to do with the coach-id, so if anyone have a hint to this I would really like to be enlightet. Here are the few samples I have done so far:

Season Chaotic Stormtroopers Antons Dark Delight African Necros Dirty Fockers
1 4 5    
2 4 5    
3 4 5 4  
4 4 6 4 4
5 4 6 4 4
6 4 6 4 6
7 4 6 6  
8 4 4 4 6
9 4 6 4 6
10 4 4 6 6

Home 40 53 36 32
Total 90 90 72 54
%-wise 44,44% 58,89% 50,00% 59,26%

forgot to write that the two seasons Anton got 4 home matches, he is in division with African Necros- a team who is before him in the alphabetic ranking, therefore I was thinking that it has to be something with this….

Edited by Jester77

My guess is that the stats still fit the bellcurve and you just have had bad luck on the draw?

20 minutes ago, wismerhill said:

My guess is that the stats still fit the bellcurve and you just have had bad luck on the draw?

It could be that way,  thats a lot of unluck, but absolutely possible- but when you know what weirdness Cynaide have coded in the past I doubt that is the case.

There is probably some method behind it. No clue what though 

45 minutes ago, Pidpad said:

There is probably some method behind it. No clue what though 

@antman with his team Angry Tusks have the exactly the same disease as mine in the 10 season he has played (and the one about to be played) he has exactly 4 home matches in each. I guess this means it have to be some kind of method then IMO, do you agree @wismerhill ? Or am I seeing ghosts here. 

Edited by Jester77

4 hours ago, Jester77 said:

@antman with his team Angry Tusks have the exactly the same disease as mine in the 10 season he has played (and the one about to be played) he has exactly 4 home matches in each. I guess this means it have to be some kind of method then IMO, do you agree @wismerhill ? Or am I seeing ghosts here. 

Just because you flip "heads" 20 times in a row doesn't mean that the coin is rigged - it's still possible, however unlikely, to be coincidence.

That being said, I've also wondered in the past whether there is a method to the seeding. It would be great to have official information on this. I'm not ruling out the possibility that it might not be completely random.

25 minutes ago, Borke said:

Just because you flip "heads" 20 times in a row doesn't mean that the coin is rigged - it's still possible, however unlikely, to be coincidence.

That being said, I've also wondered in the past whether there is a method to the seeding. It would be great to have official information on this. I'm not ruling out the possibility that it might not be completely random.

I am aware of the possibility of it being random, but I find it highly unlikely- have only look through a few coaches, 6 to be precise. And of those Antman and I seems to be away coaches- while Anton and TomasT seems to be homecoaches. I have as well looked on one season of UKBBL and there I had 6 home and 5 away, so I wondering if it could be some alfabetic method or team ID who makes the way- hence the coach ID does not seems to have any logical pattern.

I will however look through some more OCC coaches and try and find some more away coaches, so we definitely can rule the random part out.

43 minutes ago, Borke said:

The first I looked on is @Fantus and he is an away coach as well - 10 seasons with 4 home matches each, so I guess that rules all random out.

And the same goes for Hudd, Stahlburg, Zogar, Waleed and midievil -I think this is based on races in some order. Hence it is all Chaos coaches.

Edited by Jester77

I've gotten 4 home matches for 9 seasons in a row.

This is potentially very silly, especially if it's exploitable through team naming. Gorramit Cyanide, why in the world would you make it anything other than randomly assigned and distributed as evenly as possible? :(

2 minutes ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

I've resurrected my old topic on Cyanide forums. Feel free to chime in, maybe it will catch their attention this time.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/3024/pc-distribution-of-home-matches-in-round-robin

I will try backing later - so maybe we could get their attention this is just to silly.

Letting you guys know what my numbers are, for reference.

Season 4 - 4 Home games

Season 5 - 4 Home games

Season 6 - 4 Home games

Season 7 - 6 Home games

Season 8 - 4 Home games

Season 9 - 4 Home games

Season 10 - 4 Home games

Apart from one outlier, 4 home games every time.

19 minutes ago, C2MC said:

Letting you guys know what my numbers are, for reference.

Season 4 - 4 Home games

Season 5 - 4 Home games

Season 6 - 4 Home games

Season 7 - 6 Home games

Season 8 - 4 Home games

Season 9 - 4 Home games

Season 10 - 4 Home games

Apart from one outlier, 4 home games every time.

And yes there seems to be some pattern when an awaycoach bumbs into something (prob too many other away coaches) then some goes up to 6 homematches - never 5, this is pretty silly. 

The Bret, Ogre and Vampire teams are also all away teams - all having 4 home matches each season, except for a few 6 home matches which I guess accures when there are to many away coaches in a division, but none of them ever hits 5. 

Edited by Jester77

really strange.

i can understand that they dont have full random because then someone could get 9 home matches in one season. but having it like this is almost as bad.

Shouldn't be too hard to come up with a set of games where everyone gets either 4 or 5 home games and what you do is randomize team numbers in the division so team A isn't #1 every time.

There's probably some football league with 10 teams somewhere, just nick their schedule :P

To respond to my own comment.

There are other league sizes than 10 you silly person.

Creating a set schedule for 4-128 (or whatever the maximum is) is quite the chore so I can absolutely understand if they've gone with something easier. They should still randomize which team gets the "#1" slot though as that solves a lot of issues.

2 hours ago, Pidpad said:

To respond to my own comment.

There are other league sizes than 10 you silly person.

Creating a set schedule for 4-128 (or whatever the maximum is) is quite the chore so I can absolutely understand if they've gone with something easier. They should still randomize which team gets the "#1" slot though as that solves a lot of issues.

Yes they for sure should- it looks like it is different over in the UKBBL, in a small sample I had 2x 6 homematches in 11 possible pr season as Chaos- so it looks like it is another formular for 12 participants, but that does not help our league for sure...:o

someone mentioned in another forum about swiss tie breakers that "random" is actually based on when the game was played, so if two teams are on the same score the team that played last will be above and will be matched first.

I know that the order of the teams in the client team page is based on the order they joined. And the team in position 1 is also always in the top game of the current scheduled week.

I bet the schedules are set up for powers of 2 so 8/16/32 teams and for leagues that size have equal home and away, but 10 team leagues mess that up somewhat... but I've not tested it.

Awards