Orca Cola Championship
Sign in to follow this  
grumplekins

OCC cast?

Are @xannder and @Juriel still around? the old podcast feeds are dead and I would like them to not be - can we get them hosted somewhere? Lots of beginners out there need those in-depth race guides!

/grumps 

I haven't been in touch with Xannder or Juriel for ages. And those podcasts were never hosted directly on OCC, as far as I'm aware.

I agree with your sentiment, if those podcasts still exist somewhere, it would be a shame not to have them available any more. Not only are they a great source of knowledge, they are also entertaining!

There's a lot of people streaming, though!

Myself, @Spydyr@Rymdkejsaren and @AndyDavo.

I'm not really full of knowledge-bombs, but Andy has won multiple Cups, RK is Swedish and Spydyr is the nicest American you'll ever hear. :Bananas:

1 minute ago, C2MC said:

There's a lot of people streaming, though!

Myself, @Spydyr@Rymdkejsaren and @AndyDavo.

I'm not really full of knowledge-bombs, but Andy has won multiple Cups, RK is Swedish and Spydyr is the nicest American you'll ever hear. :Bananas:

Streams are great but those podcasts are better team guides than I've found anywhere on the web - most team guide videos are  very superficial compared to them.

I agree watching good players stream is also useful, but these resources just happened to be excellent in their own right - and good to start with before watching streams.

I'd generally say that there is a niche for concise (and easily digestable) guides for BB, that isn't being filled today. When you search for BB (team) guides, in my experience you find mostly posts on BBT, Plasmoids's guides, and some FUMBBL stuff. And those aren't new. They're not bad, and in some cases even entertaining, but I'm convinced there's a "market" (in terms of Youtube revenue, for example) out there for well-made BB guides.

22 minutes ago, grumplekins said:

I can provide hosting if somebody can get the files from @xannder - I doubt Juriel has them ;)

I think I have all the Xander and Juriel podcasts downloaded on my NAS somewhere. I may even have the cider cast ones.

27 minutes ago, Javelin said:

I think I have all the Xander and Juriel podcasts downloaded on my NAS somewhere. I may even have the cider cast ones.

Cool, then I just have to figure out how to do it if you can get them to me :)

I think we might need their permission too, though, right?

1 minute ago, grumplekins said:

I think we might need their permission too, though, right?

That would be best, they have the rights to their own work by default.

Is anybody in touch with them and can ask them? If not I can pm them here, but it seems they haven't been active in OCC for a while...

@grumplekins It would be great if you could push new people in my direction!

I'm working on race guides and as soon as we get to 1000 you tube subs i'm going to release some. I have done a half way house so to speak already - some replay analysis games - where i pull apart the game and look at the positioning. While that won't tell you how to build a team I think it would actually do more for someone if they are looking to improve, team management is only 10% of the game, the other 90% is on pitch.

I'm also trying to position the stream towards answering any and all questions and I field all discord PM's that are thrown my way regarding anything Blood Bowl, from tactical advice to level up questions.

Here is a link to the first tactic video to save you trawling through to find it : 

Let me know what you think?

I do have some guides, but not nearly all races (12 vids in this playlist).

Doing it well takes a lot of time, doing it meh doesn't seem worth it. =)

Yeah I know @the Sage does a really good job at explaining his turns and plays as he does them. @AndyDavo does a good job of trying to explain things as well and answering questions on their streams.

For me on my streams, I always try and answer any questions asked in the chat while playing. I also try to explain why I do what I do and why I position the way that I do. I also try and determine what my opponent is going to do based off of my positioning and moves. And then I explain why I think my opponent should have done something different than what they actually did.

In any event, I do try to explain things as best as possible.

Spydyr

I have/had Juriel on my Steam list. If I see him I’ll tell him about the interest in rehosting the casts. Dunno if he’s still in touch with Xander though.

Let me just say to Andy, the_Sage, and Spydyr - I appreciate your work (well - Spydyr, I haven't seen your streams but I think I've seen your world cup games?)

You're all great coaches and you do great things for the community.

I specifically want these podcasts to be up because they serve a different niche than youtube videos and pdf guides - for one thing, they make a lot more sense in my mind when I'm doing dishes, and the interview format where different coaches discuss long-term league play is very rewarding. As is Juriel's analysis of team builds - whether you agree with it or not.

I do recommend your streams to beginners - but I think you'd agree these podcast episodes are good resources too.

I agree completely grumple...the podcasts are great for sure. Three Die Block does a great podcast as well with team builds for league play. I also think it's great to have these available for coaches to have access to. The more availability of things like this the better it is for the community as a whole!

Yo yo yo.

If someone has the files, and someone can host them, please do so, so I can link them on our Facebook page.

People keep asking for them, I don't have them, and Xander's too distracted to upload them to Google drive.

2 hours ago, Juriel said:

Yo yo yo.

If someone has the files, and someone can host them, please do so, so I can link them on our Facebook page.

People keep asking for them, I don't have them, and Xander's too distracted to upload them to Google drive.

Hey hey Mr Juriel! Good to hear you're still alive and kickin' :D

3 hours ago, Juriel said:

I am now looking at gaming laptops to play BB2 on, so there is that.

Awesome! Remember it's not a super demanding game. I play on a media/gaming laptop that's five years old, which works fine (if not at max settings), and I can even stream my matches. :D

Juriel right now ?
xFiBOlaMB2NRSPJNb7V1RCFxS6O8Zrzs4oa0UVYN
(please please preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty please)