Orca Cola Championship
Sign in to follow this  
Rymdkejsaren

Time to widen the net?

So the @here tag was annoying people on Discord, but I thought of an opt-in solution. There's now an @brawl role, which you can hand to people who are willing to get pinged for brawling. So a nice middle ground, there.

You can hand out roles by right-clicking a person.

Awards

That sounds good, let me see if I understand the procedure correctly:

- We tell people (e.g. in the Brawl channel): "If you want to get pinged by @here from here, let us know"

- Someone tells us they'd like to get pinged, we set the @brawl flag for them

- From then onwards, whenever someone uses the @here in the Brawl channel, this person will get pinged

Right?

Awards

No.

@here is now disabled for everyone except greens, in all channels. Using it will cause a highlight, but not a ping like a mention does.

@brawl pings people who have been given the brawl role by an admin.

Awards

Thanks for the explanation! That would have been my second guess ;)

Awards

Successfully added two using that feature today. Think I have found 7 that wanted to be added the last 2-3 days. Lets hope these numbers keep growing.

Had a really busy week work wise. How is the attendance looking? Saw Mongloom and a few other new faces.

22 matches played since Monday, so I'd say it's pretty active. I've been holding off a bit but had a match yesterday and plan at least one today. So I'd say we're doing well. Do poke new coaches about the @brawl tag, though, as I'm sure that's helping a lot.

Awards

Hey. I'm taking a pause from brawl so I won't be paying much attention to the admin part either. I tried to book a Brawl match with Andy for like three months but he could never commit to a time. He wants me to just drop by but that's not something I'm comfortable with (need time to prep for being social), which I told him. Oh, well. If an opportunity comes up I'd still be happy to do it.

So I won't be keeping an eye on brawly things anymore, but if you want help from me with something, just let me know.

Awards

Sign in to follow this