Orca Cola Championship
Sign in to follow this  
TheSpydyr

Season 2 Tier 2C

There wasn't a video for week 1 of the new season, as that match was adminned. Here is the video for week 2 for the new season. I was promoted to Tier 2C for this new season and ready for a new run at another promotion hopefully. This one pits my Lizards against Da Coaches High Elves. A fun and well played match by both coaches. Although I think I was out-played by a touch, as I had 2 terrible blitz mistakes twice in the 1st half. Still it was a great match and my opponent positioned very well and played the high elves extremely well. (sorry for the voice sounding faint...I realized afterwards that my headset mic wasn't working and it was my webcam mic...that's why I thought I was muted when I coughed each time...and I wasn't...hahaha)

Edited by TheSpydyr

Week 3 match with my Lizards facing some ratty Skaven. A fun match ensues...come watch it and enjoy.

sweet thanks man...glad that you can hopefully get some learning out of them. I do play them a little differently than the norm, as I am very aggressive with my skinks and don't try to protect them as much as general thoughts would have you do. I love streaming and making the videos tho, so will continue doing that and uploading here for those that like to watch.

Week 4 match pitting me against my nemesis race in BB2...the Norse. Have fun watching this one. I do try my best not to get triggered...hahaha

Week 5 went about as expected for me. But, I did survive and that is what is most important...haha!

Week 6 match featuring my Lizards against GaryW's Norse. My ineptitude to perform against Norse in the BB2 client continues in this latest chapter of the story. Enjoy.

Week 7 match against some High Elves that were above me in the standings. I need this win to move back into promotion status in the standings and with only 2 weeks left after this week, time is of the essence.

Week 8 sees me going against a winless Chaos team. If I win this one, then I think that it pretty much locks me into a promotion for next season. Come and see if I can lock it up or not.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:07 AM, TheSpydyr said:

Week 8 sees me going against a winless Chaos team. If I win this one, then I think that it pretty much locks me into a promotion for next season. Come and see if I can lock it up or not.

Hey Spydyr,

Only just watched this; didn't realise you uploaded to YouTube.

Nice commentary; couple of criticisms you made were fair comment; there were alternatives. A couple of criticisms, I had considered what you suggested on the stream but had motives for doing as I did which you didn't discuss.

Certainly agree that the two mega-saurii going out so early was absolutely crucial.

Just a final note: whilst I fully recognise my limited proficiency at BB, I'm not completely a rookie as you speculated early in the video; been at this daft game since the mid-80's. I've played in OCC since season 2 (8 years) and UKBBL for around 6 years. So nice to finally meet you!

Take care and hopefully bump into you again for the revenge match.

Cheers,

Z

Awards

awesome to know you are a veteran of the game. It's always nice for viewers to know (and I do try to state this during my streams) that you never know what is going on in your opponents mind. You don't know or understand what his strategies are. So, even though I make comments on game play and try to reason with why a coach may do what he does...I don't know their thoughts or their minds. 

With that said, it was a fun game and you took advantage of numbers nicely. It is good to be in this league and meet so many new coaches from the other side of the ocean. It's a nice respite from always playing some of the same coaches in the US all of the time.

Hopefully we shall meet up again in future seasons and I will have my chance at revenge! :)

Last match of the season. If I win, I am looking pretty good for a promotion. If I draw, I would still have a chance, but it would be slim. And if I lose I am eliminated from promotion, but would stay in the same division for next season.

Edited by TheSpydyr

Sign in to follow this