Orca Cola Championship
Captain Thorrek

Season 3 Question(s)

Okay, we already talked about how next season is going to be. MD's will still be two weeks, with PvP one match during that time (odd person out plays AI).  Crimsonsun asked if anyone wanted the files he can share, so all players start at the top, and are on as equal footing as possible.  So the question is, does anyone want to take Crimson on his offer, and if it brings everyone's General Status to at least Rank 5, in which Rank does everyone want to start their Warband at... 5 or 0 (everyone will have the same Rank starting out)?  I won't be playing, so either way is okay with me. ;)

Okay,  so we have:

Level 0: 2

Level 5: 0

There's still Crimson's offer to consider, on whether or not to get a copy of his player level file.

Pros: Higher starting Gold, more Skills to affect your Warband  (lowering hiring costs, chances for free equipment,  etc), better kit sooner

Cons: Not getting the most money out of your purchase  (my opinion,  but others may see it as having the opportunity to optimize what they paid for)

Anyone wanting to take him up on his offer?

1 hour ago, Rama Set said:

Any chance you are taking on new members? I'd enjoy the league I think. 

Perfect,  you'll be able to round out the roster to an even six Warbands! This will ensure everyone gets to face another player every MD.

Now for another question: do you guys still want to play one match against the AI,  to keep from losing Warbands due to missed shipments? MD's will still be two weeks in length, since three weeks is too long a wait time, but it's already tough for some to get their matches in due to busy schedules.

2 weeks is good. There is no pressure. The ai match is your chance to grab warpstone for shipments so its well worth doing.

I'm not sure I've got time for games at the moment but if I were to play it would have to be rank 0 as rank 5 while my preferred starting point due to roster diversity simply takes too long for me to play at the moment due to the size of the Warbands.

Okay, here's a big question for next season... I'm going to have to get another-- yeah, yet another-- job to help pay for things on this end.  This means I might have to tap someone on the shoulder to replace me, as I will once again be working morning, noon, and night.

Anyone up for being on deck, in case I have to bow out?

UPDATE: Don't get me wrong,  I'm NOT quitting the league,  but I might have to put everything on hold to put things in order. I already put 40K on the back burner,  this will be the last thing I set on the side.

Edited by Captain Thorrek

Whats involved? Is it just monitoring played games and posting the fixtures every 2 weeks?

I hope things pick up Cap, I really do.

It's real easy,  you just keep track of victories  in a point system  (objective victory being one pt, and working up), and handle the Blabbermouthes. The Blabbermouthes are a piece of cake; I have them templated, depending on single/multiple pic stories  (one each for front page and later pages).

All-in-all, it takes around two hours from template to "print". Easy stuff! :D

II use Paint dot NET  (if I write it normally,  the forum thinks it's a website). Pics are roughly 200pxls long,  and 150 high, and have their spots already marked on the templates. If there are no pics, place the pic layers underneath the main layer,  and when you flatten the image, the pic spots get wiped out. It might take a few minutes to come up with the story,  but everything falls into place. Time to clock back in... more later... ;)

Uhh... thought this posted, already...

Okay guys, it's that time... who's in for next season?

Since there are going to be new players coming in, we're starting everyone at Level 0, with the ability to hire new Warband members up to two levels above the current Warband level (i.e. Level 5 Warbands can pick up Level 7 Hired Swords).  All I need to know is:

Player Name:

Warband Name:

Race:

Okay, this will probably be the last question I ask before getting ready to get next season in order.  I'm thinking about setting the MD's to three weeks, instead of two. The number of matches will be the same (one against the AI, and one against another player), and this will help some of the players whose schedules are just too hectic to get all the games in they would like.  I wouldn't have to worry about tapping anyone to replace me either, as I figure the completed matches would fill up a couple pages quick enough... just fill the Blabbermouthe as the MD progresses, then choose a few of the pre-made pages to "make print".

So, with a couple weeks left before we close up this Season, what's the verdict for next run: three weeks or two?

Edited by Captain Thorrek
Echo

Almost missed this thread. I'm in and as it's a mandatory reroll I'll try the Cult of the Possessed. Feel like shooting things once in a while.

Name, unless I come up with something better, will be "Devious Little Cult".

Player Name: jrpeart

Warband Name: The White Tower

Race: Sisters

mainly cos I can't think of a theme for Cult or Skaven

If there is still room to join...then I'm in. 

Player Name: ColoradoCelt

Warband Name: Death Cheaters

Race: Undead

I will try out Witch Hunters I think. Probably be a gong show since I've only played Skaven so far. 

Player name: Gilshem

Warband Name: Ordo Purificanus

Race: Witch Hunter

On 8/4/2017 at 9:44 AM, ColoradoCelt said:

If there is still room to join...then I'm in. 

Player Name: ColoradoCelt

Warband Name: Death Cheaters

Race: Undead

Always room for one more :D

59 minutes ago, Captain Thorrek said:

Always room for one more :D

Robin hood reference? Either way awesome

22 hours ago, ColoradoCelt said:

Robin hood reference? Either way awesome

Nope, it was a song reference... though I forget the song's name, or who sang it.  Still, enough people used it to where we could probably use anything as a reference point :D

This next question is new, since the addition of clubs actually worked in our favor in an unexpected way.  How do you guys feel about having the Leader's face of next season's winner in the Icon Circle? We can't really give much of a prize out, but front-and-center bragging rights does tend to work in terms of motiviation. ;)  You guys up for it?