Orca Cola Championship
Fweddy

Possible glitch? (failed pass)

Just had this happen for the first time, so not sure if this is a glitch or not.  My opponent didn't mind, as the game was at its outcome.

~Beastman throws ball to Chaos Warrior (standing next to other chaos warrior).  Successful pass, failed catch, reroll, failed catch

~Ball scatters to other Chaos Warrior, failed catch

~Ball scatters back to first intended Chaos Warrior, catches the ball

~Turn continues, Chaos Warrior scores TD.

Not sure this was legit or not.

Yeah that legit. As long as the ball never touched the ground it would still be his turn

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yep. Just very Lucky

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

Yes a turnover on a pass attempt happens when the ball is fumbled or the ball does not end up on one of your players.

It can scatter out of bounds and be thrown back in by the crowd and still not be a turnover if one of your players ends up with the ball.

Edited by Tys

I lost a game that way in bb1 on turn 16 actually. To say I was unhappy is an understatement. 

Yes a turnover on a pass attempt happens when the ball is fumbled or the ball does not end up on one of your players.
It can scatter out of bounds and be thrown back in by the crowd and still not be a turnover if one of your players ends up with the ball.

Happened to me in col last night. Failed catch -> oob-> throwin to troll in 4 tz's. Fun times

Posted (edited)

I saw a replay of a game on Fumbbl once where a player holdin the ball was sacked in the endzone (knocked down and pushed into the end zone), the ball scattered into the crowd, they threw it diagonally 12 squares towards the LOS where it went out of play again, was then thrown in again 12 squares diagonally towards the opposite endzone where a player caught it and scored a TD.

BB's a crazy game and when you roll enough dice, strange stuff happens!

Edited by Bill-BJJ

On 04/06/2017 at 8:24 PM, wismerhill said:

Happened to me in col last night. Failed catch -> oob-> throwin to troll in 4 tz's. Fun times

I belive that exact thing happened to me in an OCC match against Underworld with my Zons last season.

On 2017-06-02 at 9:40 PM, luke.snow47 said:

Yeah that legit. As long as the ball never touched the ground it would still be his turn

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Copped on this one now.

As long as the pass isn't fumbled (natural or modified 1 on the pass roll) it is also ok if it touches the ground, as long as it finishes its antics caught in the hands of a friendly player. 

I have used that rule to great effect when playing chorfs or other low AG teams. Try to pass or hand off to a player in a cluster of friendly players/prone bodies.Even if the pass is inaccurate or the catch roll is failed , you still have a good chance of ending with the ball in one of your players and continuing the turn.