Orca Cola Championship
Captain Thorrek

Mordheim Season 2

That could be useful as I am aiming to play my OCC1 match tonight, so if you clear your backlog I ought to be available for most of this MD.

My second round of scheming sees a decisive victory.  We were a little worried when kevin Bacon was felled but he made a full recovery.

We cashed a load of warp stone and got straigt to studying.

These are the voyages of the warband Enterprise.  Our continuing mission to seek out more wyrdstone, new heretics to kill.  To boldly burn what no man has burned before.

Captains log: match day 2.2.1

We were collecting Wyrdstone in the Kobayashi Maru district when Vampiric Warbats decloaked into a vicious ambush that left no one standing.

Captains log: match day 2.2.2

Trying to track down a lead on the Vampires a reduced away team went and tracked down some Rat informants. They refused to give us the information we needed so we burnt the foul heretics at the stake.

Captains log: match day 2.3.1

We encountered some Federation traitors who refused to give up the information we needed so we burnt them as well.

Captains log: match day 2.3.2

Having improved the strength of the Enterprise with our intelligence gathering activities we went back to gathering Wyrdstone and came up against a heretical group of Chaos worshippers. While Kirk and Uhura used their range and height advantage to great effect, Redshirt 1 did what Redshirts do best.

Captains log: match day 2.4.1

Again we tried to get information from some Rats, and again they refused to give it to us so we burned them. Uhura and Kirk did have to briefly get stuck into close combat this time.

These are the voyages of the warband Enterprise.  Our continuing mission to seek out more wyrdstone, new heretics to kill.  To boldly burn what no man has burned before.

Captains log: match day 2.4.2

We received word that a group of perverted nuns with a hammer fetish were transporting a contraband idol in their wagon and the Federation gave us a mission to retreive it.  With our superiour tech, training and numbers it was predicted to be a walk in the park.

Chekov and Scotty spotted a cache of large crystals to the left so detoured over there to collect them while Spock muttered something about the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the one before anchoring that end of the battle line against 3 of the nuns.

Kirk set crossbows to pain before shooting the nuns deviant leader.  The redshirts and Uhura laid down fire on any targets they had available, while Sulu tried to hold the right of the line on his own.  He might have survived against 2 of them but when the leader joined in she made sure he was destined to fall.  This didn't come without significant cost to her own wellbeing however as Kirks earlier shot left her suffering with every attack she made.  The nuns were forced to remove Sulus arm to grab Grabthar's Hammer as he refused to let go despite being beaten down.

Chekov and Scotty came to Spocks aid making it 3 on 3 down the left, while Kirk joined the melee on the right, taking the nuns leader from behind and giving her a right good seeing to, removing her arm.  He then moved to retrieve the contraband idol and made a run back towards the Enterprise.  Before he could make it Spock felled their second in command and the rest of them gave up the fight at that point.

Thanks for the game Doomy.

Yep. The score was one arm each, with us stealing a nice hammer in exchange for our matriarch, Mother Alma, becoming Mother Armless. The retirement home beckons for her as she's a 1h and shield user with max agility of 9 so can't really adapt to Dodge-based combat.

Sulu, on the other hand, is reputed to have found his amputation an improvement!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973636989

It's another Decisive Victory, this time against a Sisters group.  The first pair to fall were the first two they threw at me: their Matron and Augur.  After that, I pretty much had all the Wyrdstone in my wagon's chest, and started beating on their Sisters before the Impressive got into the mix.

I sent in another shipment, and am now Level 1 with two factions... which is a good thing, since I'll need the +10% on the third in order to keep my warband paid and happy.  When all's said and done, I think this shipment will garner me over one thousand in Gold, and it might all go towards skills for my guys.  I gave Killer Joke a boost to his charge range, and my next step is to get him the 20% crit damage bonus Skill.  I have the cash right now, but it's weighing 450G, against skills my other guys could be using.

In the midst of my second AI match... in the Great Library, and I forget that I have an overdue book.  Best not tell them...

UPDATE: Took back a lot of loot, and lost no one in the attempt.  Deciding who to give which Grimoires to now... my Priest of Sigmar isn't using damage spells (Healing's coming in rather handy), so I might give the mental Grimoire to someone else.

Edited by Captain Thorrek

Better late than never...

MD5

QyWcYx2.png

MD5 begins at 0000UTC on July 19, and ends at 2359UTC on August 1.
Multiple edits to put the Blabbermouthe in proper order

Get well soon Cap. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make of our limb-swapping antics.

On 15/07/2017 at 9:15 PM, Captain Thorrek said:

In the midst of my second AI match... in the Great Library, and I forget that I have an overdue book.  Best not tell them...

UPDATE: Took back a lot of loot, and lost no one in the attempt.  Deciding who to give which Grimoires to now... my Priest of Sigmar isn't using damage spells (Healing's coming in rather handy), so I might give the mental Grimoire to someone else.

i wouldn't even consider using grimores on a non maxed out fighter, they are too rare a resource. You won't get more until you max out reputation with the various organisations, which i can tell you takes a minimum of 100missions and could easily be two or three times that number.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089060039

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1093282748

Things went rather well, as you can see.  Even though someone said "Matress" to Mr. Lambert, we were able to find a suitable remedy(full recovery).  As is normal with Monty Python, Itttt'sss got abused by something monstrous, but held his ground and only suffered a light wound(due to getting critted on by a Crypt Terror, of all things).  To his credit, he didn't drop.  I don't know if I showed you guys the Mr. Lambert reference, but if not, here it is.  It's one of my favorite sketches... although few things can beat the Army Base Protection Racket sketch.

I played my 1st ai match against undead. I secured a battleground victory against undead with the only loss being a rat dropping a halberd after being ambushed. I didnt get much as the bastards were straight on me.

2nd was against chaos I got loads of warpstone from the decisive victory in wierdstobe rush. Emma Stone caused Mayhem with her poison wind and apart from Bruce Forsythe getting amnesia (he forgot where he left his sword) it was cost free.

Warband is now level 5. Im weighing up the big guy rat ogre.

Okay, going to catch up on some things --already have Doomy's Warband name correction finished and uploaded-- and will try to get this MD's and next MD's Blabbermouthes done by end of day.  I got eight hours of sleep, so I should be able to get everything done today.

UPDATE: MD5's Blabbermouthe has replaced my declaration as to why I couldn't do it... now everything is caught up... onto working on MD6

Update

MD6

ogrjycp.png

Tier 0:

Sisters of St. Grabthar: Scheming

Enterprise vs. Mord of the Dance

Tier 5:

Undead Dwarf: Scheming

Monty Python's Frying Circus vs. The Swords of Vanhaldenhof

MD6 starts at 000UTC on August 2.  Please have all games done by 2359UTC on August 15.

August already... sheesh...

Well, my last AI match of the season was 1:3 of the storyline... while I did get a nice bit of Wyrdstone, I probably won't make the 360 they want me to get for them... I need 98 in 8 days.  Still, I got some nice coin, can hopefully get some better gear, and then face off against crimson.

Weep for me. ;)

I'll wait til I know how many chunks Crimson tears you into.

Shouldn't we get one of those clubs RK just announced?

Cool. I assume my global moderator rights will carry over, though it's hardly as if you need additional mods with such a small group.

I'm assuming Greens and Teals will have mod access, also.  Since the Club's made, you could try fiddling with stuff after the shift to see if it still works.