Orca Cola Championship
Sign in to follow this  
GreenDude

Can anyone give me a full description of the 51SPP rule please?

Hi i googled this but i havent found a straight answer or i wasnt looking in the right place.I only played BBL on Pc(mostly on the COL) and this is the first time i heard about this rule.

From LRB6:

A coach that concedes (see page 15) before setting up for a kick-off where he could only field 2 or less players suffers no additional penalties. If one coach concedes the match for any other reason then the winner gains all of the loser’s winnings and MVP from this match. In addition, the loser automatically loses one Fan Factor and may not roll for a new one, and any players in the loser’s team that have 51 SPPs or more will leave the team on a D6 roll of 1-3. Roll separately for each player with 51 or more SPPs to see if they leave.

Source.

I will note that the OCC has enforced this on I believe two occasions in the past, which involved an admin rolling the dice on camera for veracity.

Three, but one was sort of voluntary.

Alright i understand now! I though the loser would be strip off by 51 spp from all team :D

Also about the 3 man field concede should be more specific about the scenarios in which can take place:

1.A min of 3 man on the line of scrimage and the rest of the team suffered injuries,they are all KO or a mix of both?

2.How about the opponent's team?If he is still full team and i will constantly have on the field 4-5 lineman,wouldnt that be a waste of time?He will just grind and make the opposing coach feel bad :/

Legal concession = cannot field a minimum of 3 players. This is the only time a concession is acceptable.

16 hours ago, GreenDude said:

Alright i understand now! I though the loser would be strip off by 51 spp from all team :D

Also about the 3 man field concede should be more specific about the scenarios in which can take place:

1.A min of 3 man on the line of scrimage and the rest of the team suffered injuries,they are all KO or a mix of both?

2.How about the opponent's team?If he is still full team and i will constantly have on the field 4-5 lineman,wouldnt that be a waste of time?He will just grind and make the opposing coach feel bad :/

1.  Doesn't matter.  If you can only set 2 up on the LOS you can legitimately concede.

2.  Irrelevant.  If you can set more than 2 up on the LOS you are subject to the 51SPP rule.

Blood Bowl is not about making you feel good all the time.  Sometimes Nuffle is a total and utter bastard.  Dealing with that is part of the game.

Yes. This game isn't always fair. Learning to deal with bad luck (emotionally and tactically) is vital to success.

On 2017-02-12 at 8:21 PM, GreenDude said:

To build on what Dode said - your team could be A-OK and actually you just got horrible rolls for the sweltering heat. If you can't field the minimum required to fill the line of scrimmage at a kickoff for any reason whatsoever, that's a valid and legal reason to concede without further penalties.

10 hours ago, dode74 said:

Blood Bowl is not about making you feel good all the time.  Sometimes Nuffle is a total and utter bastard.  Dealing with that is part of the game.

I absolutely love this response. I plan to use this in the future when I hear coaches crying and moaning on various things!