Orca Cola Championship
Sign in to follow this  
Iffrit

Why is it fair to get relegated 2 tiers if finishing last in OCC 2 - championship?

Hi!

Not that I'll ever be in that spot nor anywhere near the championship, but given the case YOU were last in OCC 2 championship AND there were no dropouts in either CC or T1 and you'd be thus demoted 2 tiers and had to claw back for AT LEAST one more season than the lucky git to whom Nuffle gave the draw once more than to you - *inhales deeply* wouldn't you be MIGHTILY pissed off?

2 hours ago, Iffrit said:

Hi!

Not that I'll ever be in that spot nor anywhere near the championship, but given the case YOU were last in OCC 2 championship AND there were no dropouts in either CC or T1 and you'd be thus demoted 2 tiers and had to claw back for AT LEAST one more season than the lucky git to whom Nuffle gave the draw once more than to you - *inhales deeply* wouldn't you be MIGHTILY pissed off?

As the most likely coach to be affected by this during Season 1, I want to say that personally I actually do not have a problem with this rule - It makes every match really 'count' more even when you're out of the running for the gold medal if getting the last spot in the division really stings. Although I can understand that some might be frustrated to end up in that position, the fact that the stakes are even higher for each match even if you're struggling through the season adds more thrill to the game, which is something that I enjoy. You do make a valid point in that it's very harsh of a 'punishment' - I agree fully - But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The reason for that rule is mathematics really. You can't promote 9 teams into 8 slots in T1, so an additional spot has to be created and that seemed like the least bad option.

It also gives people in the championship something to play for for a few more rounds should they be out of title contention which is a good thing.

While people will obviously fight to avoid it, demotion has positive aspects too. It usually means ending up in a slightly less lethal environment where a little rebuilding and team development might be easier.

That's the theory anyway. My teams usually fall apart in Tier 3.