Orca Cola Championship
Ethelred

Super Cup Competition - win £50 Steam Game!

The Rock, Paper Shotgun Community are proud to present the inaugural Super-Cup Competition – ROCK!

The Format

Can you think quickly like General Patton with the strategic insight of Sun-Tzu?

Have you mis-clicked your Big Guy and gotten a 6 for the dodge?

Can you operate a mouse and read symbols on a screen?

Ladies and Gentlemen, the RPS Super Cup ROCK! is for you!

ROCK! Is a single competition in a knockout format. Like the FA Cup in the UK (except no replays), each round will see only the winners progress to the next round, culminating in an exciting, action packed final.

ROCK! Is for Hard teams or for coaches that think they are hard, and therefore ANY TEAM FROM ANY MP COMP CAN ENTER. We recommend the TV is AT LEAST 1500 to be competitive. No crying when your rookie Welf team is obliterated by turn 2, but please enter to give my guys a bye.

And that’s not all! Any dolt can cruise a 2200 TV team through to victory in 4 mins, for ROCK! the turn time is 60 seconds. That’s right – 60 seconds turn times.

Glittering Prizes

As a prize the overall winner, last team standing’s coach will receive a Steam Game of their choice up to the value of £50! This will be a single game, available in store for £50.00 or less at the time of purchase, not vouchers, bundles or hats, TF2 keys or CS:GO skins. A Single Game Worth Up To £50.

That sounds ace – what do I have to do?

Please apply to the RPS of Death Special Cups League in game – this is a holding ladder for interested teams. So Khemri and Chaos Dorf teams can’t ruin it for everyone, the deadline for applications is Saturday 11th February

At this point we’ll see how many teams there are and send tickets to a 2, 4, 8, 16 or 32 team competition. In the unlikely event we have more than 32 teams, I will make up the rules as I go along. The first ones to accept tickets will then be in the comp.

Match Organisation

Each Match day will be 1 week long (inc a weekend) and coaches will be responsible to organise their own games with their opponent. 

Availability will be tracked by posting on a special sub-forum on the Rock, Paper, Shotgun forum. You will need to register on the site to be able to play. 

If after 1 week no game is played, then postings will be looked at on the sub-forum to decide an admin result. If there is no availability from one coach, or if one coach hasn’t posted, their opponent will be awarded a win. 
If a game can’t be arranged for RL reasons or if both coaches can’t agree a time, then I will roll a die and let Nuffle Decide. 1-3 Home Win, 4-6 Away win. I will video this roll and post the results on YouTube.

If a game is d/c’d or otherwise lost, the d/c result will stand unless both coaches confirm they want a replay, within the normal timeframe. 

The Small Print

1. This is an Open competition that means that ANY yes ANY team of whatever TV or race can enter. Yes, even that stat-freak teams. The only condition is that they have come from a multi-player league, and not grinded against the AI. I will check each teams history and if you enter a new team, please accept the risks.

2. 1 Minute turns. On one hand, this mitigates against the TV value, on the other, and especially as the timer is kinder than in BB1 it encourages fast play.

3. Please apply to the RPS of Death Special Cups league - Holding league ladder

4. Applications open until 11th February

5. At that point I will create a knockout comp with slightly less places available for slots than registered teams. You will 
then have 1 week to apply, or until the league is full. First come first served.

6. Competition is a single game, with extra time if needed. It is your responsibility to learn the extra time rules.

7. Match Organisation – to re-iterate above it is your responsibility to organise a game, or Nuffle Will Decide.

8. Don't roll 1s

9. Single game worth up to £50 on the store at the time of winning, must be decided within 2 weeks of victory. You will need a Steam account, and for me in the UK to be able to gift you a game.

10. This is done in conjunction with the RPS Community – not Rock, Paper, Shotgun Inc, any of the site's contributors, writers, accountants or Horace the endless bear.

Sign up below and join the holding league - ask any questions , say hi and introduce your team below.

Please use the following template to introduce your team:

InGame Coach Name:
Steam Name (if different):
Team Name:
Race:
TV:
MP Comp it comes from (e.g. COL):
Speciality Moves:

Thank you and goodluck!

This sound fun and a lot of stress :D

I would like to join the cup, but I would like to raise my TV a bit more if possible dont have so many BB2 teams yet with a notable TV -so will wait a bit with my registration in RPS until we are closer to the 11 of February.

InGame Coach Name: Jester77
Steam Name (if different): ricco1977
Team Name: Horror Hordes
Race: Chaos
TV: 1700+
MP Comp it comes from (e.g. COL): Open Ladder
Speciality Moves: Chaos Cookies

Awards

60 sec's is a breeze. I am used to the 40 sec mode.
Too bad I dont have the time for this

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Awards

AS I dropped out of OCC2, this might be a fun change. Have to get a team to that TV first though :)

10 days to get that done. challenge accepted!

Awards

Good work guys!

Welcome aboard.  When I checked last night, we had only 3 brave souls that had entered.

My TV-raising in Matchmaking went terrible wrong lost my two best players and the only ST guy got an AV bust, So instead of raising my TV I'm down to 1500 and all the X-factor is gone- don´t think I have time to any more matches so really looks like you have some 1. round fooder - darn.

Awards

I want to sign in:

InGame Coach Name: Regor
Team Name: Carnival of Doom
TV: 1680
MP Comp it comes from (e.g. COL): Muncher (Cup from bbtactics)
Speciality Moves: Pray to nuffle

InGame Coach Name: Rymdkejsaren
Team Name: Children of the Red Goat
TV: 1900
MP Comp: COL
Speciality Moves:

1. A running charge. The Children do not field players who do not have horns.

2. Shirley

Shirley.png

She's a real beauty, and I felt obliged to let her out of the dugouts and play a bit!

Even if I only have 60 seconds, I can get a blitz in with Shirley every turn, at least! :D

You can just imagine that cow standing haughtily on the pitch, yelling "puny Elves" and charging forward. And the rest of the team just follows in her wake.

Ill do my best to get my emos to an acceptable TV, its just that my dear witches keep dying whilst tryong to get there

Awards

That's what inducements are for!

It's not the clpomb teams that worry me - there is a Ma10 gutter in a skaven team!

Entries close tonight!

Lets have a go!

InGame Coach Name: Bane182
Steam Name (if different):Loken182
Team Name: Avelorn Arrows
Race: High Elf
TV: 1600 and rising
MP Comp it comes from (e.g. COL): champions ladder 3
Speciality Moves: Elf BS to the max!

Awards

I think I have a shameful lack of tackle. Then again, Shirley gets six dice against a gutter without assists. :D

Whats the actual deadline for joining the holding ladder, want to see if i can skill up a few players before i jump across

Awards

Well that didnt work out. Didnt level the player i wanted and picked up a niggle. Jumped into the holding ladder. Look forward to the kick off.

Awards