Rymdkejsaren

OCC Rulebook

7 posts in this topic

The Orca Cola Championship Rulebook
v. 2.5.1

Part I – General

A. Basics

1. When you sign up to the OCC, you are committing to following the rules in this document.
2. Any mention of the OCC in this document refers to both of our leagues (OCC1 in Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition and OCC2 in Blood Bowl 2) unless specifically stated otherwise.

B. Disclaimers

1. The league admins run the OCC, and their word is law, even if it goes against the rules in this document.
2. We reserve the rights to modify these rules as we see necessary and without warning. We will announce if we make major changes.
3. Abuse of the rules by appealing to technicalities or wilfully misinterpreting the wording of this document will see you banned.

C. Required Reading

1. The following is required reading for all coaches:

• This document.
  • The Code of Conduct.
  • The OCC House Rules.
  • Forum PMs.
  • The Announcements forum.
  • The Information & Sign-ups forum related to the league you are signed up to (OCC1 & OCC2).
  • OCC1: Your Tier forum (found on the OCC1 Boards).
  • OCC2: Your Tier and Division forums (found on the OCC2 Boards).

2. Additionally, it is assumed that coaches have looked through the Help section before asking questions about the league.

Part II – Pre-season

A. Signing Up

1. When you sign up to an OCC league, you are committing to playing one match per week to completion for the duration of the season.
2. The OCC is a European-based league that accepts players from all time zones. Regardless of your time zone, you will need to offer times within generally accepted European hours. N.B. We expect all coaches to make an effort to schedule their games.
3. You must apply to the in game league before the stated deadline or risk losing your place for the season.

B. Your Team

1. Starting OCC teams must be created completely fresh, with no games played (of any kind), no SPPs on their players, and in BB2, no prior market transactions or stadium upgrades.
2. Starting teams must field a minimum of 11 players.
3. All OCC teams are forbidden to play games or engage in any other activity outside of the OCC league structure. This includes friendly games.
4. You may only have one active team (per league). When you start a fresh team, your old team is abandoned.

Part III – Season

A. Match Days (MDs)

1. The MD runs from Wednesdays 00:00 UTC to Tuesdays 24:00 UTC.
2. The MD time window is never extended or reduced.

B. Scheduling

1. Coaches are responsible for scheduling their games and are expected to contact their opponents in a timely manner.
2. Coaches are strongly encouraged to use the provided MD thread (found in their division forum) to schedule their games. If they do not, they are required to report their planned game in the MD thread.
3. When scheduling and reporting in the MD thread, coaches must use the UTC time standard and 24-hour clock (e.g. 21:00 UTC).
4. If something prevents you from playing at your scheduled time, you must contact your opponent and your tier admins in the MD thread or a forum PM.
5. Your admins can, on a case-by-case basis, allow a substitute coach to play your game, provided you contact them in advance.

C. Pre-match

1. Every coach is responsible for running the game in a stable environment to prevent crashes or disconnections.

D. Post-match

1. Successful matches
BBCE: The winner is responsible for uploading the game files with the OCC uploader. If the match is a draw, the coaches must agree on who handles the upload. You can ask for validation of your match in The Front Office. If you do not, and no complaint is made, your match will be validated when the MD is turned.
BB2: Coaches can validate their match after it has been played by clicking 'yes' in the dialogue after the results screen. The result of a self-validated match is final. If the coaches do not self-validate and no complaint is made, the match will be validated when the MD is turned.

2. Interrupted matches
When a coach suffers a disconnect, crash, bug, or interruption and is unable to continue the match, the coaches can select to go forward in one of two ways:
i. The coaches agree among themselves what would be the fairest outcome had the match continued. They both inform their tier admins and the result is changed accordingly. N.B. Admins are limited to the options available in the game clients.
ii. Coaches agree to replay the match before the end of the MD. If required, they must both request a reset from the admins. A reset means the match is started completely anew.

3. Unplayed matches
i. If no information on either of the coaches' scheduling is available, a draw will be issued.
ii. If both coaches offered acceptable scheduling windows but were still unable to find a time to play, a draw will be issued.
ii. When a match remains unplayed at the end of the MD, and one of the coaches has failed to communicate availability in a timely manner or has offered a scheduling window that the tier admins deem insufficient, the opposing coach will be issued a win.
iv. Failing to schedule your matches will result in a warning, and may lead to a ban.

4. Disputes
If there is a dispute regarding a match result or an unplayed match, contact all your tier admins immediately via forum PM. They will make a decision they deem fair based on the information available to them. N.B. When adjudicating disputes, admins are only required to consider communication found in the MD thread or in forum PMs in which they have been included at the time of the decision.

Part IV – The Match

A. Cheats and Exploits

1. A coach confirmed to be cheating, abusing client functions, or using exploits to gain an unfair advantage will be permanently banned, and their name will be put on a cross-league blacklist.

You can find the OCC's stance on various exploits here.

B. Concessions

1. Concessions in the OCC are subject to a 3-point warning. This means the offending coach will immediately come up for review by the Orca Cola Directors. Unless there are mitigating circumstances, the coach will be subject to one of two possible consequences:

i. A permanent ban.
ii. The reduction of the warning point value, and the obligatory application of the 51 SPP rule.

any players in the loser’s team that have 51 SPPs or more will leave the team on a D6 roll of 1-3.

2. Legal concessions (being unable to field three players on the line for a drive) are exempt from this rule.

C. Match Dodging

1. Coaches are monitored for behaviour that suggests they are evading challenging or risky matches. Such behaviour will not be tolerated, and repeat offenders will be banned.

Part V – Code of Conduct

1. During all social interactions related to the OCC, you must adhere to the OCC Code of Conduct, regardless of where they take place.

Edited by Rymdkejsaren
Updated to v. 2.5.1 (changelog below)

Updated to V.2.1

I - C1: Added League Information forums to required reading. They can be found in The Front Office of the respective leagues.

III - D2i: Added link to FAQ listing possible admin results of games.

Updated to v.2.2

I - C1: Added OCC forum PMs to required reading.

Update to v.2.3

I - C1: Updated required reading to reflect the new forum structure.

I - C2: Added an anti-ignorance rule.

Fixed links.

Updated to v.2.4

II - A1: Changed the wording to clarify that matches are to be played to completion.

III - D1: Changed the wording so that the uploader only relates to BB:CE.

IV - B1: Changed the concession rules to reflect the new, harsher policy.

v.2.4.1

IV- B2: Added exemption for legal concessions.

Various minor tweaks.

Edited by Rymdkejsaren

Updated to v.2.5

I - C1: Added OCC House Rules to required reading.

IV - A1: Added a link to the OCC House Rules.

Updated to v.2.5.1

I - B3: Added a clarification: Friendly games are outside the OCC league structure, so teams in the OCC are not allowed to play them. The reason is that they clutter up the team's match history which makes the job to do team checks harder for admins.